What do buyers look for in a property?
Posted by Nordica Home Styling
Understanding what today’s buyers are looking for in a property and what they really value is very important for sellers as it will influence the price of a property and also improvements which can be made to give buyers the best possible impression.
At Nordica we have over 25 years’ experience selling properties on the Costa del Sol and are specialists in the area of Nueva Andalucia, so we hear buyers’ feedback every day and know what makes the difference between a sale and a “not quite!”. Here are the most desirable attributes for buyers on the Costa del Sol –
- Big terrace
- South-West Facing property
- Within walking distance of amenities
- Lots of light and the feeling of space
- Community facilities such as heated or indoor pool for year-round use, communal gardens, sports facilities such as a gym and tennis and a secure garage
- Security – Buyers want a lock up and leave property so any security features such as gated developments, alarm systems, entry systems, security grills etc. are valued
- A low maintenance property which they don’t need to worry about
- Well-decorated, with a stylish, modern, yet neutral interior which is ready to move straight in
- Competitively priced – Buyers investing at this stage are looking for a bargain property which is way below the value of the boom years and they will not even visit a property they do not feel has dropped in price sufficiently
However, don’t worry if your property doesn’t have all these features, our team of home styling professionals can give any property the wow factor and use tricks to maximise the feeling of light and space. By removing unnecessary “clutter” to give the impression of space, giving the property a deep clean, opening shutters and curtains and improving lighting, plus making the room neutral and stylish we can make a huge difference and help the buyer fall in love with your property.
Contact us and ask us to come in and see your property and we can tell you what we can do to help you to sell and give you a competitive quote.